I finally started working on the walls. The idea is to screw plywood to the furring strips to make them sturdier…then drywall, then cabinets. Cutting the plywood and screwing it to the wall took all day, even with help. This is more work than I thought it would be. But I didn’t cut off any fingers with the circular saw. I call that a sucessful day.
So at least the plywood is up. The drywall will probably have to wait until next weekend. That means the cabinets won’t start going up for another two weeks or so. Criminy!
Here’s what it looks like now:
I left the bottom open for future electrical access and stuff. It will be covered with drywall.