Carnation Cup Trials – Part Three

I’ve been trying out a new Carnation cup. It seems pretty promising. Here’s how I acquired it:

I was on a Quick Trip to Lincoln with Lauren. We went in for some mulch and make-up. On the way, Lauren suggested we stop at Hockenbergs. It’s a place that sells kitchen and restaurant equipment. It’s a very cool place. As we wandered around, I of course was looking for possible Carnation cups. Walking through the bar supply aisle, my eyes fell on a martini mixer. It was made of stainless steel, it was about the right shape, and I could get my hand inside it for easy cleaning. I bought it.

In the style of my previous reviews, here are the pros and cons:

STAINLESS STEEL CUP
Pros: Great size. Easy to clean. Will look good next to the shiny chrome faucet of my kitchen sink.
Cons: Dark inside, so it’s easy to miss stuff when cleaning. Edge is thin metal and almost sharp. Sort of feels like I’m drinking out of a knife.

So... shiny...

It’s been the best fit so far. I will keep using it for now, but I’ll keep my eye out for other cup choices.

21 Responses to Carnation Cup Trials – Part Three

I looked at EtCetera for a Slimfast cup…no luck. But maybe next time…

Regardless, I love this new shiny cup. It’s mesmerizing.

…and couldn’t you chill this excellent metal Carnations Cup the night before, then add the mix in the morning, shake well (don’t stir), and it all would be even more splendiferous than before, no? And heck, you could add “special” stuff that teachers shouldn’t indulge in on work days until after school, and who would know?! I mean, it is a martini shaker, nicht wahr? Just a thought…

If the metal doesn’t work out, though, I’d still say look for one of those Tupperware pudding shaker thingies – they even have a spoked wheel insert that helps the powder mix and dissolve better, I think.

Love a good quest – thanks for keeping us updated. I look forward to the final selection round – will there be consolation prizes for those cups that may not make the cut?

3. Kim says:

hey brad…I think rosie is going to call you about your oregon ridge tickets…fyi

4. Michele says:

Were you having a dress rehearsal for school mornings? I noticed you have on what appears to be a school shirt!

Since you have a martini shaker now you could tell everyone that you drink your Ovaltine “Shaken, not stirred.” Just like all the other geriatric spies.

Would you like me to fix that knife-like edge? I could heat the top up in the fire pit and then smash it against the sidewalk. That would blunt it a little.

I think it’s a great cup…except for the knife part (HA!)…but another pro is that you can check your hair one more time in it before leaving for the day.

8. Annette says:

Have you tried the wooden barrel yet?

9. Curt says:

Being that it is metal, would it get too cold to hold, especially in the winter?

• Lauren says:

Brad has a very methodical approach to his Carnation drinking. I would say that the time from milk pouring to final gulp/lump chewing is about a minute and a half. It’s not quite long enough to get frostbite, but we should take into account how he makes three batches in a row.