I Hate O’Hare Airport

If I could punch O’Hare Airport in the face, I would. I hate flying through there. If not for the last-minute nature of my travel arrangements, I would have gone through any other city to get to Nebraska and back. ANY other city.

It seems like every time I fly through Chicago, my flight is delayed or canceled because of weather. If the weather is so bad for flying, it seems strange that airlines continue to connect through O’Hare. Wouldn’t they increase customer satisfaction AND save massive amounts of money if every other flight they book wasn’t delayed or canceled? I think some city is missing a big opportunity… “Build an airline hub and they will come.”

Yesterday, the problem was fog. I left Omaha an hour late because Chicago wouldn’t let anyone land because of fog. Luckily my connection was delayed. It was delayed because the plane at the gate before my plane was waiting for a flight attendant who was delayed because her plane couldn’t land in Chicago. Because of fog.

I finally got on the tiny plane that was going from Chicago to Baltimore. I was really nervous because I was in the very last seat in back and thought I might get airsick. But there wasn’t any turbulence. And no one made any stinky visits to the bathroom. Thank God for small blessings!

You can see all the ups, downs, and sidewayses very vividly from the back of the plane.  Yikes!

14 Responses to I Hate O’Hare Airport

Were you nervous about that man being a secret spy passing notes across the aisle?

I’m glad you got home but I’m sorry that it was such trouble. Maybe they could change Chicago’s name from ‘The Windy City’ to ‘The Delayed/Canceled Flight City’.

That view is like sitting in the back of a bus – you see all the movement. Yuck.

It’s the exact opposite from the very front of the plane. No matter how much the plane moves, you don’t see any of it from the cockpit. That’s why pilots always have such smug looks on their faces as you stagger off the plane.

4. Deanne says:

Holle (Bode) Andersen was late to our reunion because of fog in Chicago. FOG… in SUMMER! Rrrrrrgh…

5. Michele says:

Dnag that plane IS small! I would be barfing the whole flight!

I think the O’Hare people could make things a little better if they just served some nice crispy bacon while people wait. Bacon makes EVERYTHING better 🙂

6. Karla says:

I don’t care what you guys say. I still love Chicago. Love it!! 😀

I tried to keep from bashing Chicago, but I’ll also say it outright: It’s the airport I have anger about, not the wonderful town of Chicago.

• Karla says:

The reality is, crime bosses control the weather. You are invoking their wrath by complaining. It’s been nice knowing you, Brad. I pray they have mercy on you.

Oh my gosh…I start hyperventalating just looking at that picture! Breathe..breathe…

Honestly, that’s like 1/4 of a regular plane. Did that guy 2 seats up from you have to keep his head cocked to the right the whole trip? I would have traded my ticket & taken a bus!

PS: If I could punch O’Hare Airport in the face, I would. Hehe…I chuckled out loud.

Was that a DC-9? I’d rather travel in a footlocker than a DC-9. If I get a window seat, I actually have to bend my neck away from the window so I won’t bang my head on the ceiling compartment. Anyone with half a gram of claustrophobia would indeed be airsick on that plane – I commend you for such amazing control over the inner ear- autonomic nervous system connection there, neighbor.

10. Karla says:

I’m sure no one cares, but it’s foggy in the Chicagoland area this morning. And there are currently no delays at either airport. I think someone has a hit out on you, Brad… 😉