Peacicles

I’ve had more free time at home since school ended. I’ve even felt a little bored sometimes. There’s always the danger that when I’m bored I’ll eat just for the fun of it, so I’ve made sure to have fewer bad foods in the house. I am also trying to have some non-bad foods available.

My current favorite non-bad snacking food is frozen peas. I don’t thaw them before I eat them. Besides being fun to chew on, they have a nice flavor and a slight sweetness. Plus, I’m eating something green. Plus, they’re cheap. I eat about half a bag at a time. They’re especially good when I’m hot. They cool me down very quickly. Yay for me! Yay for frozen peas!

I’ve considered trying other frozen vegetables, but for now I really like peas, so I think I’m going to stick with them.

Watching TV, surfing the internet, hanging out with Max, and eating frozen peas.  How could I possibly be bored now?

This entry was posted in Food. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Peacicles

…and an unopened bag makes a great “ice bag” for injuries, did you know that? Very versatile, these small starch-laden legumes!! (Wait – are peas even legumes? I’ve having a brain cramp…)

I’ve always thought you were the weirdest eater ever, and this has clinched it. Max seems to agree.

I have to admit – it sounds intriguing. Maybe they could be marketed as Dippin’ Dots – Healthy Style!

Ha! That’s the oddest thing I’ve ever seen…how did you ever even think to do that? (not a rhetorical question)

Of course now I must try it…and I wonder, would freezing all healthy crap food turn it into a delightful treat??? Hmmm….

• anna says:

you call food CRAP?!?!?Espeicialy HEALTHY FOOD?!?!?!?!?!?!? weird… STOP IT!

• Peggy says:

Sorry Anna…you’re right. 🙂 Healthy food is of course the best food…but I sure wish TaskyKakes were chockfull of vitamins & minerals. Can you suggest some good healthy, tasty snacks? (is that an oxymoron)

4. anna says:

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm… …frozen peas…YUMMY

• anna says:

did i mention frozen peas are yummy?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

5. Kristi says:

Joanna LOVES frozen peas! She begs to have them while I’m getting ready to heat them for meals.

I keep a big bag of frozen strawberries in the freezer. No sugar. No cream. Just frozen strawberries. Anyway, they also cool you down when you’re hot.

7. Brady G. says:

I had never heard of anyone eating frozen peas as is until we visted some friends in Fairfax. Miriam (16.5 months) thought they were great, thus they officially are.

8. Jill says:

I’m surprised no one mentioned frozen grapes. Mmm…frozen graaaaapes…

Why hasn’t anyone mentioned frozen double-stuffed Oreos? Now they’re good!