Happy Fathers Day! Fathers Day and my dad’s birthday are right next to each other, so you’d think I’d remember them, right? Nope. My dad’s birthday was Thursday (the 17th), and I completely missed it. I knew it had a seven in it, but I was thinking the 27th for some reason. Dang. Well, Happy Birthday Dad!
As a birthday and Fathers Day tribute, here are ways in which I’m becoming my dad:
1. I can sit at the computer for hours.
2. I love sausage and beef jerky and anything smoked.
3. Impulse buys!
4. I can nap any time, any place.
5. I play classical music for kids in detention.
6. Salted nuts… mmm…
7. When I clear my throat, I say “uh-HUH-uh-uh” (it sounds just like him)
9. During the school year, I get up freaky early. Before retirement, my dad did too. Now he’s up in the wee hours of the morning, but it’s because he hasn’t gone to bed yet. 🙂
10. Only brave people ride in the car when I’m driving.
11. High cholesterol
12. I have a mole on my foot in the same place he does: