We’re having school today! Yay!
I didn’t get much done yesterday, but I have finally finished a Project I’ve been working on for a while. The light fixtures in my bedroom are made to look like candles. At one point, they were gas lights, but they’ve been converted to electricity. When I moved in, something was wrong with the tubes that covered the inner workings. It led me to remove the tubes, and for many years, the lights have looked like this:
Since I was painting and making things look nice, I decided to finally do something about the light. But I needed new tubes. Toilet paper rolls were too big. I checked the width of wrapping paper tubes; they were just right.
Next, I painted them. It took lots and lots of coats before the small spiral lines disappeared. I made a contraption that held them upright while they dried.
And I finally was able to put the finished product into place. They look nice. The paint is so thick, it’s kind of bumpy and runny. I think it makes the tubes look like wax, kind of giving them a candle effect.