Preparation

I spent all day yesterday in my classroom. First, I moved some furniture around. I wanted to “nest” a little. And I wanted to clear some things away from the front of the room. While I was cleaning, I discovered a strange box. It was connected to the wall by wires and locked with a key:
OUTSIDE:
At least the key was in the lock...

INSIDE:
(The display says “unit power fail… press 3 key”)
I didn't push it.

After some re-arrangement of the room, I was ready for some planning. I really got in the groove, and I feel ready for the week. I’m planning and teaching again! I’m so excited!

Here are the before and after pictures. See if you can spot the differences :)
BEFORE:
I took this picture last week.

AFTER:
Moving the heavy things took a while.

13 Responses to Preparation

Moving things:
    1. The milk is gone!
    2. You have a screen now. Where did you get it?
    3. The microwave is in a very handy spot.
    I’d love to go on, but I’ll let others play. Love the room arrangement!

Hey, you control the bells now! School could be let out at 12:30 any time you want. :)

The screen was in storage at school. I was glad, because I really needed one and didn’t really want to have to buy it. I’m using it already today.

4. The globe is facing a new ocean! Not that it’s really a “new” ocean as far as I can tell.

Your room looks GREAT Brad! So clean & straightened! Enjoy your 1st week back to teaching! I know the kids will!

The podium is moved.
    The black shelving unit is moved to the front.
    I think that’s a different calendar on the wall.
    Your desk has more top showing.
    The sun is shining in a different row.

4. Brad says:

My students are coming in for the day, and one of the boys just said: “Now it looks like a guy’s room. There is a projector screen, and the front of the room is more clear.”

What is the red thing hanging down in the center of the room?

So is the “system fail” button really just for the bells, or…I keep picturing the guy from LOST who always had to flip a switch or turn a key or something or the whole island would go blooey – which it apparently eventually did anyway, but I digress…You hold the power, it would appear. Use it wisely……

And blessings on your official launch! (Guess last week was like a soft opening of a new restaurant – not comes the weekend rush?)