Time Shift

I seem to always be running out of work time at school. Since I can’t really add time on to the end of the day, I’m trying a new tactic: adding time to the beginning of the school day.

Yesterday I set my alarm for 3:30am. It takes me a little while to get out of bed, and I move kind of slow in the morning, so I was leaving sometime after 4:30am. I got to school around 5am. That gave me two hours before devotions. It was great. I got a TON of work done. I think this might work. I just have to make sure I get to bed at a decent hour. If I go to bed at 9:30, that’s six hours. Not bad. Eight hours is the best, but going to bed at 7:30? I am a very talented sleeper, but I don’t know that even I can do that.

I had to work up to it.

13 Responses to Time Shift

Oh. My. Goodness.

I am reeling in shock. I thought you got up early before this! Are the other alarms your ‘half-an-hour before I need to leave’ and ‘leave’ alarms?

I am a very talented sleeper… HAHAHA! I laughed out loud!

And way to add to your day! I could never do this. I cringe every morning when my alarm goes off at 5:40am.

But now that I think about it, we could all add to our day if we got up at 3:30am. Geez, I could exercise, do a load of laundry, start dinner, do some cleaning, start on a closet, it’s endless.

But no…..for me sleep always wins.

4. Elaine Royuk says:

This is your Mother speaking!! You need more than 6 hours of sleep!!

I, for one, admire your new bedtime, grandpa.

6. Brady G says:

Stop the madness. This is crazy. Do you hate yourself or something. We might need an intervention folks.

7. Kim says:

So when good teachers have to get up before the crack of dawn just to keep their heads above water, do ya think the system is flawed? I would cry uncle, Brad. This isn’t the way they are going to convert you into an island boy.

Where’s the good news in all this? There is now a possibility I can talk with you some day before my day starts because – - – say, you’re just getting up NOW and I’ve been in my desk for hours already; something’s not right there… ;-/

Hang in there, you First Year Social Studies and English Teacher you – you know those first years are the toughest. By next year you’ll be able to sleep until at least 5 a.m. again, I’m sure. Now go listen to your mother about the sleep thing.