I spent yesterday in my classroom. I got lots of planning done, but the most exciting thing I did was work on the big aquarium in my room.
I would have set it up at the beginning of the year, but the filling and emptying hose wouldn’t connect to the sink faucet. I tried all different kinds of adapters, but nothing was working. I finally just got a new faucet – one that had a standard-size aerator so the hose would connect. Success!
The reason I wanted the hose to be connected before filling the tank was because someone told me there was a leak in the tank, and I wanted to be able to drain it fast in case that was true.
It was true.
I got the tank mostly filled before I realized some tape I put on the tank was keeping the leak from leaking. The water pressure eventually pushed the tape off, and the leaking began. I drained the tank and will have to patch it another day. Maybe by the end of the school year I’ll finally have the aquarium set up.