Sad Day

Yesterday was a sad day. Gus died. Late on Friday night (early Saturday morning), Gus was meowing loudly at my bedroom door. His back legs weren’t working.

I took him to the emergency vet, who told me Gus had a blood clot blocking blood flow to his legs. Treatment would have been painful and would not restore his leg function. Having him put to sleep was the kindest option.

It just all happened so fast. He was just his normal self on Friday, then he was gone. Sad.

I’m doing ok, but I miss him. He was the lovingest cat ever.

Gus’ Superman picture was the last picture I ever took of him, but here is the last candid I have of him. It was just a few days ago:

This entry was posted in Cat. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Sad Day

1. Brady Gurganious says:

Really sorry to hear this Brad. Will keep you in my prayers.

2. Deborah says:

So sorry, Brad.

3. Kris says:

So sorry, Brad.

It is so, so sad, and I just don’t know what to say. Gus was loved and admired by many people, and his shenanigans kept us all amused. He really was a Super Cat. You made the right decision for him, and I’m so sorry you are going through this.

Dang it all.

5. Kristi says:

So sad to hear of this, Brad. Gus was a faithful, constant companion.

Oh my Brad…… I was so shocked to read this. I am so very sorry.
    Prayers being said.
    Gods love & peace to you always

7. Mark says:

We so sorry your friend and companion is gone, Brad. May God fill that void as only He is able, for He loves you with a never-ending love.

8. Jill says:

I’m so sorry, Brad. This breaks my heart. Pets are the best…prayers to our faithful Savior for peace and comfort.

[Oh, my………..daggum blood clot!! (One of my current colleagues is laid low in recovery from a saddle clot that could have done her in around Labor Day, so I appreciate how suddenly these can creep up.) Curse you, blood clot!!!!!!]

We are SO sorry to read this, Brad. I know he was a lap-warming love muffin and is sorely missed. Cherish the funny memories you two made. When the time is right….maybe….

Peace and comfort to you, friend.