A while back, I replaced the faucet of the sink in my classroom with something that my aquarium-cleaning equipment could attach to.
The new faucet has been working well, but it has gotten loose. I’ve tried to tighten the nut underneath, I’ve tried adding washers of various kinds… nothing has worked. The faucet just slides against the sink surface and spins.
Yesterday, I tried something new… I put silicone between the faucet and the sink. I’m hoping that when it dries, it will cause strong enough friction to keep the faucet from spinning. I hope it works. Taking the assembly apart with dried silicone on it would be a pain.