A Wonderful Birthday

My birthday was great. In the morning, the teachers sang to me, and I got two kinds of treats and a super-awesome card. The card is from “Highlights” magazine, and it’s scratch and sniff. Scratch and sniff!
Mmm... So good...

It was a half day because of our monthly teacher meetings. I was confused about Assembly time in the morning. It didn’t help that Justin, the teacher in the next room, told me the wrong time. When Assembly was over and I got back to my room, the sixth and seventh graders jumped out of hiding places and surprised me with birthday wishes. Ha! Justin deceived me so they could paper my room with signs.
Many banners.

One of my favorite signs was on the wall behind my desk:
Ha!

After teacher meetings, I went with some of my co-workers for sushi. It was delicious! Right next to the sushi place was a “Fun Factory”. It had a bunch of ticket games in it. I played skee-ball. Paul and Justin played the basketball game.
Justin won.

I ended my birthday in a most glorious manner: an evening of TV and an early bedtime.

8 Responses to A Wonderful Birthday

Happee Berfday! That might just be my new favorite saying. :) Well done, sneaky Hawaiian school people!

That chocolate cupcake looks sooo good right now. I could devour it with no problem, especially if it had some cherries on top. Mmmmm…… black forest cake……

You also got some really cool balloons I see hiding behind your desk, yes? ;)

Happee Berfday!!

Haha! Yes, the balloons.
      I had just gotten the kids settled down when the secretary brought the balloons into my room and the kids erupted into another loud chorus of “Happy Birthday”.

What a great day indeed! Woo hoo! Kudos to all your new Hawaiian friends & students! And I can’t believe you have Skeeball machines right across from your school ! Another reason to hate be so happy for you!

1. What does the card smell like, berfday cake?
    2. What was your high score?

4. Kim says:

Well done. Your new school knows how to throw you a birthday…. I mean, berfday.

5. Kristi says:

They sang to you more than once??? Junior high kids??? Awesome!