Round

Over Labor Day weekend I got a little bored, so I ordered some stuff over the internet. One of my purchases was new glasses. Every once in a while I’ve tried on round glasses frames to see what they look like. I’ve always looked kind of like a bug when I tried them on. But since I’m getting older and my face skin is sinking in, I thought it might be time to try again.

The smallest round glasses I could find on the internet were from Zenni Optical, the place I had previously gotten glasses from. I figured that the smaller the diameter of the frame was, the less bug-like I would look.

I’m still not sure I like them, but they were only $20. I’ll wear them around the house a little to see if I get used to them.

I would like them better if my eyebrows were above the frames.  I raised one eyebrow so you could see what I was talking about.

Oh, and I got a haircut.

This entry was posted in Haircuts. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Round

I like that you took the picture in front of your bathroom mirror so you could pose just right. Heh.

And I like the glasses.

Wow, those look like they might be….. 40mm? 41?

I’ve been putting my hand on the screen to block each half of your face at a time. You look like two different people in the photo, but strangely – neither one is Harry Potter.

You look like the guy from Julie & Julie and The Devil Wears Prada. (by the way, my marriage still owes me for the former). Could you act out a couple of scenes from those movies for me?

I just tried to find that actor’s name and discovered that imdb is blocked here at school. AHH! How will I find answers to my questions about movies?

Maybe I can argue my case with Tech Guy. Do you think researching actors’ names from my “This Day in History” birthday list makes imdb a necessary and legitimate educational site? I read the list every morning in homeroom. How will I know who Danny Nucci is, or what movies Tommy Lee Jones was in?

• Karla says:

Are you talking about Stanley Tucci? I liked him in Bull a long time ago…

I like the round lenses! And I LOVE LOVE the picture!! (But I laugh at how different you look in each glasses picture…you could barely convince people that that other guy is your twin, much less you.)

And you’re looking very professor like above…like say Professor Kool. (I guess only Marylanders will know who he is) He was a clown/professor who had a wacky show & wore bozo shoes.

“Highlights of the program included screwy lunch menus which included “mashed monkey meat” or “poison ivy pudding,”

• Carol says:

THAT’S IT! Professor Kool – Stu Kerr – one of my childhood mentors…but Brad doesn’t wear the robe or have the huge black hair.

Before Peggy said this, I did think of Chicken Little from the cartoon by the same name. [“What are we talkin’ about?” Love that line…]

Here he is…and what do you know….apparently he didn’t like having hidden eyebrows either…so he just attached some above the rims. Maybe you could try that.

6. Jen says: