Birthday Recap

My birthday was delightful! I love having people acknowledge it, and my students were so good at that! Lots of people said “Happy Birthday” to me, three different groups sang to me, and there were happy written words all day long.

Made during study hall.

At least, I think they were happy words. I don’t know how to read Korean:
He didn't tell me what it said.

Carol brought a red velvet cake that was extremely delicious. I didn’t get a picture of it before it was all gone.
Do you know anyone who is turning 42?  Or 24?  I have some slightly used candles...

And a bunch of freshmen signed a “card” and gave me a twinkie. A twinkie! I haven’t had one in a long time. I can’t decide if I should eat it right away or if I should wait twenty years to see if it will last that long.
It's only lightly smashed.

10 Responses to Birthday Recap

Awww… Happy Birthday, Mr. Royuk! What great ‘cards’!!

I vote for thumbtacking the Twinkie to the wall with a sign that says “Emergency Rations. Eat only in case of zombie attack.” That thing could save your life.

2. Brady G. says:

the cake was . . . tasty. thank you for sharing it with us Mr. Royuk.

That’s more than a birthday card on your chalkboard….that’s an actual piece of artwork! Way to go students!

And Way to go Carol! It looks like you brought the most scrumptiousess (it’s a word) cake ever!! I laughed when I saw nothing left but the empty plate. (Although there’s a little frosting on the ‘4’ that could be licked off.)

Glad you had a wonderful day!

4. Kristi says:

I wish I could have had some of that red velvet cake; the crumbs look so good.

Lots of people on my faculty are turning 42 this year: Katie Bockelman, Michelle Metzger and Nathan Bassett. Maybe more (but I really doubt it).

I love Twinkies. I haven’t had one in a very long time. I can’t buy they or I’ll eat the whole box. Whole. Box.

7. Pingback: Emergency Rations | bradaptation.com