I have finished the murphy bed! Woo hoo! Part of my difficulty in finishing was deciding on what cabinet hardware to use. Part of my difficulty was getting enough dang coats of paint on it. I guess I should have used primer. But it’s so pretty now. I decided to remove the door knockers from the “legs” of the bed. They were difficult to pull because the part that knocks is not attached. Instead, I just went with cabinet knobs. They can double as coat hangers or whatever. So I have two perfectly good door knockers if anyone wants them:
But never mind that! Here is the final product:
Besides the cabinet hardware, the final finishing touch was a little more trim down the middle to make the panels look more like doors. I think it came out really well.
In the pictures, the knobs and handles look a little face-like, but in real life the effect is not as strong.
To see all the posts on this project, click “Murphy Bed” in the Categories list.